smart card no longer works

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Fri Sep 9 06:16:39 CEST 2016

On 09/09/2016 05:21 AM, Robert J. Hansen wrote:
>> The last I checked, Ubuntu's stock install did not include smartcard
> drivers.
>> The good news is these can be easily installed via apt-get.  The bad news
> is I
>> don't remember what the package name is.  :(
>
> A little searching suggests that "sudo apt-get install gnupg-pkcs11-scd" is
> the magic you need.  Hope this helps!

Please use the standard scdaemon from GnuPG.

	apt-get install scdaemon

PC/SC service is optional.  In-stock CCID driver of GnuPG just works
well in most cases.  Only when it doesn't work, please try
to install pcscd and libpcsclite1.

For PKCS#11 things, we (GnuPG team) do totally in different way by
Scute, when people want to use the PKCS#11 API.  I don't think
gnupg-pkcs11-scd works, these days.

Packaging in Debian had been changed.  Now scdaemon is in a package of
"scdaemon" (used to be in "gnupg2" package).