Web Key Directory / Web Key Service wiki page
bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 14 10:52:42 CEST 2016
Feedback and help appreciated! :)
= Much easier Email crypto, by fetching pubkey via HTTPS
== How does it work?
As an email user, you just select the recipient(s) and can see that the email
will be encrypted.
If you and your peers use email-providers offering this "web key service",
it works by the first email. Otherwise encryption will start after you have
exchanged some emails.
Technically your email client will automatically
* prepare for this by creating a crypto key for you and uploading
it to your provider (or second best to public keyservers).
* sign all emails so others see that you are ready for crypto
(unless you opt out)
* ask the mail provider of your recipients for their pubkeys.
An email-provider offering the "web key service" technically has to
* provide a pubkey for each user via ~HT~TPS
* allow each user's email client to automatically manage the pubkey
that gets published by email.
== Details / Discussion of the proposal
* [[EasyGpg2016/PubkeyDistributionConcept]] <- the (technical) details
www.intevation.de/~bernhard +49 541 33 508 3-3
Intevation GmbH, Osnabrück, DE; Amtsgericht Osnabrück, HRB 18998
Geschäftsführer Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
More information about the Gnupg-users