Smartcard reader Precise Biometrics 200 MC

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Tue Sep 20 11:15:28 CEST 2016

On 09/20/2016 04:13 PM, Jan Prunk wrote:
> I am wondering if the smartcard reader "Precise Biometrics 200 MC" [1]
> is among the supported readers to be used with GnuPG ? Is there a
> guideline to follow for setting it up ?

For the reader, I found this discussion in 2010:

http://musclecard.996296.n3.nabble.com/pcsc-lite-ccid-Precise-MC-200-problems-with-T-1-td4543.html

It seemed that it became "unsupported" by PC/SC lite.  So, it is
highly likely not working with GnuPG.

Well, I maintain this list:

    https://wiki.debian.org/GnuPG/CCID_Driver

Please install scdaemon.  Your operating system may require some
other permission settings.  For example, Debian GNU/Linux has:

    /lib/udev/rules.d/60-scdaemon.rules

If your reader is not listed in such a file, you need your own
settings.