[Announce] GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) 1.7.0 released
wk at gnupg.org
Wed Sep 21 10:23:44 CEST 2016
We are pleased to announce version 1.7.0 of GPGME.
GnuPG Made Easy (GPGME) is a C language library that allows to add
support for cryptography to a program. It is designed to make access
to public key crypto engines as included in GnuPG easier for
applications. GPGME provides a high-level crypto API for encryption,
decryption, signing, signature verification, and key management.
Noteworthy changes in version 1.7.0
* New language bindings for Python 2 and 3. See
* New language bindings for C++ and the Qt-Framework API.
* New functions gpgme_op_createkey and gpgme_op_createsubkey to make
key creation easier (requires GnuPG 2.1).
* New functions gpgme_op_adduid and gpgme_op_revuid to make user id
management easier (requires GnuPG 2.1).
* New function gpgme_op_keysign to make key signing easier (requires
* New function gpgme_op_interact to replace the now deprecated
functions gpgme_op_edit and gpgme_op_card_edit.
* New function gpgme_pubkey_algo_string to convert a public key
algorithm into a GnuPG 2.1 style string.
* Support for GnuPG 2.1's TOFU trust model.
* Notation flags are now correctly set on verify.
* New global flag "require-gnupg" to set a minimal gnupg version.
* More supported items in gpgme_get_dirinfo.
* New function gpgme_data_set_flag and flag "size-hint".
* New function gpgme_set_ctx_flag and flags "full-status" and
* Improved gpgme_data_identify to distinguish more file types.
* New flag GPGME_ENCRYPT_SYMMETRIC for gpgme_op_encrypt to allow
mixed public key and symmetric encryption.
* New field KEYGRIP in gpgme_subkey_t. New fields FPR in gpgme_key_t.
* New flag GPGME_DATA_ENCODING_MIME to declare that the encrypted or
signed data is a valid MIME part. This is to support future GnuPG
You may download this library and its OpenPGP signature from:
The SHA-1 checksum is
but you better check the integrity using the provided signature. See
https://gnupg.org/download/integrity_check.html for details.
Please consult the archive of the gnupg-devel mailing list before
reporting a bug <https://gnupg.org/documentation/mailing-lists.html>.
We suggest to send bug reports for a new release to this list in favor
of filing a bug at <https://bugs.gnupg.org>. If you need commercial
support check out <https://gnupg.org/service.html>.
Maintenance and development of GnuPG is mostly financed by donations.
The GnuPG project employs 3 full-time developers, one part-timer, and
one contractor. They all work exclusivly on GnuPG and closely related
software like Libgcrypt and GPA. Please consider to donate via:
We have to thank all the people who helped with this release, be it
testing, coding, translating, suggesting, auditing, administering the
servers, spreading the word, answering questions on the mailing lists,
and donating money. Special thanks to Justus Winter and Andre
Heinecke for integrating the Python and C++/Qt language bindings.
For the GnuPG team,
This is an announcement only mailing list. Please send replies only to
the gnupg-devel 'at' gnupg.org mailing list.
List of Release Signing Keys:
To guarantee that a downloaded GnuPG version has not been tampered by
malicious entities we provide signature files for all tarballs and
binary versions. The keys are also signed by the long term keys of
their respective owners. Current releases are signed by one or more
of these four keys:
2048R/4F25E3B6 2011-01-12 [expires: 2019-12-31]
Key fingerprint = D869 2123 C406 5DEA 5E0F 3AB5 249B 39D2 4F25 E3B6
Werner Koch (dist sig)
rsa2048/E0856959 2014-10-29 [expires: 2019-12-31]
Key fingerprint = 46CC 7308 65BB 5C78 EBAB ADCF 0437 6F3E E085 6959
David Shaw (GnuPG Release Signing Key) <dshaw 'at' jabberwocky.com>
rsa2048/33BD3F06 2014-10-29 [expires: 2016-10-28]
Key fingerprint = 031E C253 6E58 0D8E A286 A9F2 2071 B08A 33BD 3F06
NIIBE Yutaka (GnuPG Release Key) <gniibe 'at' fsij.org>
rsa2048/7EFD60D9 2014-10-19 [expires: 2020-12-31]
Key fingerprint = D238 EA65 D64C 67ED 4C30 73F2 8A86 1B1C 7EFD 60D9
Werner Koch (Release Signing Key)
You may retrieve these keys from a keyserver using this command
gpg --keyserver hkp://keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys \
249B39D24F25E3B6 04376F3EE0856959 \
The keys are also available at https://gnupg.org/signature_key.html and
in any recently released GnuPG tarball in the file g10/distsigkey.gpg .
Note that this mail has been signed by a different key.
Die Gedanken sind frei. Ausnahmen regelt ein Bundesgesetz.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 162 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------
Gnupg-announce mailing list
Gnupg-announce at gnupg.org
More information about the Gnupg-users