A new bugtracker for GnuPG

Marcus Brinkmann marcus.brinkmann at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Mon Apr 3 22:53:56 CEST 2017

Hi!

Here is a plain text copy of Marcus' recent blog entry.  The permanent
URL is: <https://gnupg.org/blog/20170403-a-new-bugtracker-for-gnupg.html>.
If you like to comment, please follow up on this mail.

                 _____________________________________

		  20170403-A-NEW-BUGTRACKER-FOR-GNUPG

				 Marcus
		 _____________________________________

			     April 3, 2017

Table of Contents
_________________

1 A New Bugtracker for GnuPG
.. 1.1 dev.gnupg.org
.. 1.2 Phabricator
.. 1.3 New Users
.. 1.4 Existing Users

1 A New Bugtracker for GnuPG
============================

1.1 dev.gnupg.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The GnuPG project has just launched [dev.gnupg.org], a new hub for
  GnuPG development!  The site features a user-friendly task and bug
  tracker, a wiki, a Git repository browser, a calendar and utilities
  such as an URL shortener, a paste tool, bookmarks, customizable
  dashboards, and a meme generator.

  Starting today, the task and bug tracker replaces the old [Roundup]
  installation at [bugs.gnupg.org].  All existing tickets have been
  migrated under the same ticket number.  Links to
  [https://bugs.gnupg.org/issue:NUMBER]: are redirected to
  [https://dev.gnupg.org/T:NUMBER]:, while all other links are
  redirected to the main site.

  The new wiki is currently empty, but ready to use. We are inviting the
  community at the [GnuPG Wiki] to join us on the new site, and will be
  glad to assist in the migration of existing documentation after the
  dust has settled.

  In the calendar you will be able to follow the GnuPG release cycles
  and the development sprints.  We also plan to keep track of community
  meetups and hacker conferences there.

  The Git repositories provide a mirror of the core GnuPG and
  GnuPG-For-Windows projects with a very nice visual source code
  browser.  There are no plans to replace the primary Git hosting at
  [git.gnupg.org], but we might add new community-oriented repositories
  in the future that are writable by a larger group of people.

  [dev.gnupg.org] https://dev.gnupg.org/

  [Roundup] http://roundup.sourceforge.net/

  [bugs.gnupg.org] https://bugs.gnupg.org/

  [GnuPG Wiki] https://wiki.gnupg.org/

  [git.gnupg.org] https://git.gnupg.org

1.2 Phabricator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  dev.gnupg.org uses [Phabricator], a free, self-hosted and complete
  software development platform already deployed successfully by other
  free software projects such as [KDE] and [MediaWiki].

  Phabricator supports a lot of features, but we disabled some of them
  to make onboarding easier for new users.  However, we plan to roll out
  some of the additional features in the near future.  In particular, we
  are interested in Phabricator's code review and audit capabilities,
  and are also looking at deeper integration with our Jenkins
  installation.

  If you are missing a particular feature of Phabricator on
  dev.gnupg.org, let us know!

  [Phabricator] https://www.phacility.com/

  [KDE] https://phabricator.kde.org/

  [MediaWiki] https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/

1.3 New Users
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  If you are a new user, you can [register a new account] with just a
  username and an email address.

  [register a new account] https://dev.gnupg.org/auth/register/

1.4 Existing Users
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  If you were a user on bugs.gnupg.org, your account has been migrated
  to dev.gnupg.org under the same username and email.  You have to use
  the [password reset form] to set a new password.  After logging in you
  might want to configure the "Email Preferences" under your account
  settings.

  In some cases, duplicated accounts have been merged, and some [email
  addresses had to be adjusted] for Phabricator.  If you have trouble
  recovering your account, contact [marcus] for support.

  [password reset form] https://dev.gnupg.org/login/email/

  [email addresses had to be adjusted]
  https://secure.phabricator.com/T12359

  [marcus] mailto:marcus at gnupg.org