Smart card

Will Senn wsenn1 at twu.edu
Tue Apr 4 01:18:59 CEST 2017

In my PGP research, I have been looking for a smart card that supports
openpgp. I found the OpenPGP Card Version 2.1 over at kernelconcepts,
but I'm wondering if they are still operational. I also saw something
called a Yubi Key on Amazon. I found this howto that is pretty dated:
https://www.gnupg.org/howtos/card-howto/en/smartcard-howto.html

My questions for today are:

Are smartcards out of vogue? If not, can you suggest resources that will
help a newb make decisions regarding them?

If this has been addressed recently, my apologies, I couldn't find a
search interface for gnupg-users...

Thanks,

Will