gnupg or gpg-agent options for parallelism and memory usage

Kevin Gallagher kgallagher at cloudflare.com
Thu Aug 3 02:35:26 CEST 2017

Hi,

This is a simple question really. I've been working on some automation
in which many GPG secrets are decrypted in parallel and rendered in
templates. Routinely, when our system attempts to decrypt hundreds of
secrets at once, GPG with gpg-agent crashes our containers and the
parent process(es) by running out of memory.

Is anyone aware of any options or configurations which can increase the
efficiency of memory resource usage, allowing us to quickly decrypt more
things at once?

Kevin