AW: gnupg or gpg-agent options for parallelism and memory usage

Fiedler Roman Roman.Fiedler at ait.ac.at
Fri Aug 4 11:56:09 CEST 2017

> Von: Gnupg-users [mailto:gnupg-users-bounces at gnupg.org] Im Auftrag von
>
> Hi,
>
> This is a simple question really. I've been working on some automation
> in which many GPG secrets are decrypted in parallel and rendered in
> templates. Routinely, when our system attempts to decrypt hundreds of
> secrets at once, GPG with gpg-agent crashes our containers and the
> parent process(es) by running out of memory.
>
> Is anyone aware of any options or configurations which can increase the
> efficiency of memory resource usage, allowing us to quickly decrypt more
> things at once?

Would somethinng similar to [1] help you? Due to resource limitations and
security considerations (never copy private keys), I try to separate session
key extraction and decryption.

LG R

[1] https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2017-August/058821.html

PS: CAVEAT, gnupg-users list seems to be configured in strange way: "reply to
all" does not reply to the list, so please add address manually.