Posting short GnuPG clear signed messages on social media sites

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sat Aug 5 20:07:09 CEST 2017

> I posted your little bit of advice to a Linux group on FB - the
> reaction was not as I expected - condescending replies in the main -
> none of whom and the intelligence to see the implications - I felt I
> was defending what was a good idea.

Some years ago while teaching computer literacy at a university, some of
my students told me they'd been at a nearby restaurant complaining with
each other about how stupid the class was (we were covering privacy in
the information age), while they were filling out credit card
applications to get a free sandwich.  I asked them what they did when
they realized the privacy implications.  "We got our free stuff and
started talking about girls."