No longer prompted for pinentry-qt (FAILURE sign 100663404)

Germano Massullo germano.massullo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 14:09:04 CEST 2017

Good day. I am writing this e-mail after a previous help request in
Enigmail forum[1]

I always used Enigmail/GNUPG successfully with Thunderbird on Fedora KDE
Plasma
But, since I created some subkeys in order to use a Nitrokey Pro as
secondary signing device, I have been unable to sign/encrypt emails with
regular passphrase entered in pinentry-qt
I mean, for example I don't have Nitrokey Pro plugged into the computer
because I want to use the regular privatekey that is on the system:
Thunderbird instead of prompting me for private key passphrase, it shows
me error message "encryption command failed". In logs I could see
FAILURE sign 100663404, that leads to this bugreport [2]

At [3] there is an extract of Enigmail/GNUPG debug logs

At [1], Patrick Brunschwig told me that the error corresponds to

# gpg-error 100663404
100663404 = (6, 108) = (GPG_ERR_SOURCE_SCD, GPG_ERR_CARD) = (SCD, Card
error)

What can I do?
Thank you

[1]: https://sourceforge.net/p/enigmail/forum/support/thread/e034976e/