Newbie Question: Creating a Key Server using GNUPG tools

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Sun Aug 27 16:29:39 CEST 2017

> It is unclear from the documentation for GNUPG and some of the supporting
> writeups on other websites whether I can create a Key Server for the local
> network that will generate public and private key pairs.

This doesn't sound like any keyserver I've heard of.  Normally
keyservers only store copies of keys people give them, not create
keypairs themselves.  (Or perhaps you meant "that will generate public
and private key pairs" to attach to the clause "the network", not "the
Key Server"?)

> Can anyone clarify whether it is possible to create a local Key Server using the
> GNUPG tools?

Not as you intend, no.