benchmarking security tokens speed

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Aug 28 10:04:01 CEST 2017

On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 00:35, lwn at anarc.at said:

> I'm in the process of reviewing performance of various security tokens
> (the Yubikeys, the FST-01, Nitrokey), and I am getting somewhat

Thanks for the numbers.  However, the numbers Nitrokey are are missing.
Shall I send you a "standard" Zeitcontrol card, which is probably the
most widely used device and also what is crunching the numbers in a
Nitrokey?

The numbers are as expected.  With a crypto chip RSA is much faster.  By
design the Gnuk can't be as fast - it is just a simple MCU.  However,
using Curve25519 Gnuk is really fast.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner