Key Used to Lookup Symmetric Passphrase.

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Sat Feb 4 20:26:21 CET 2017

I'd like to point out that one way of solving this completely
differently is to encrypt to a private key on your keyring rather than
using symmetric mode. Then GnuPG can trivially recognise it all can be
decrypted with cached data.

It doesn't have to be your usual OpenPGP key, you could create a key
specifically for this purpose (and set it to ownertrust never if you
will never use it to do Web of Trust stuff, just to make this fact clear
to GnuPG).

HTH,

Peter.