Keyring operations _very_ slow

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Fri Feb 10 17:10:28 CET 2017

On 10/02/17 12:57, René Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am using gpg and gpg2 with mutt and Icedove/Thunderbird (with Enigmail
> plugin). My public keyring has grown to be very big since the email clients
> auto-import unknown keys. Plus I did some signing and imported keys signing
> keys from others.
>
> The problem is that most GPG operations Enigmail does take a lot of time,
> because key ring operations are very slow.

What version of gpg are you using, and how many keys do you have? I've
been suffering from similar problems for years.

One thing I found that did help somewhat was to export my public
keyring, delete it, and then reimport the dump. I found some keys were
un-importable and (subjectively) keyring operations seem to run a
little faster now. YMMV

Andrew.