Questions about --throw-keyids

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Feb 14 13:10:14 CET 2017

On 13/02/17 17:54, Lukas Pitschl | GPGTools wrote:
> As fallback gnupg could return the information that no cached passphrase was found,
> allowing the MUA or plugin to then re-try without the option that enables „silent“ checking.

Maybe GnuPG already does this, but instead of a two-step process first
trying cached keys non-interactively and then falling back to trying
keys with prompting for passphrases, GnuPG could also simply, in one
plain standard invocation, first try all the cached secrets and when
that fails start prompting for even more secret keys.

HTH,

Peter.