Questions about --throw-keyids

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Feb 15 09:45:16 CET 2017

On Wed, 15 Feb 2017 00:31, dkg at fifthhorseman.net said:

> afaict, GnuPG only supports (1) at the moment (this is probably OK).

There is a plan to add a rewrite feature to gpg so that for example you
can easily add an archiving key to a message.  But that is something we
need to shift to 2.3.

> However, gpg is a tool that's used not only in e-mail contexts, so it
> does still need to support the --throw-keyids option, since non-email

Sure.  Fully agree.  And we also need to improve the handling of
wildcard keyids.  In particular with several smartcards this is pretty
annoying.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner