I'm confused about GPG, and it's confused about me

Reid Vail rsv869 at runbox.com
Sat Jan 21 22:57:09 CET 2017

Hello Vedaal -

Thanks for your reply.

I executed the steps you listed (see below) and they completed without any errors.
However I am not yet successful at getting my GPG implementation to work.

Working in Claws-mail I try to send a encrypted test message to the address with
the available public key (the one I exported and imported as you mentioned).  I
would expected the key just mentioned should appear as one I could select in Claws
pop-up box but it doesn't and I have to search for it with the "Other" selection, and
then it's found and I select it.

Next I get a message that the Key is "not fully trusted" and do I want to use it
anyway?  I do.  I get another message saying the "signature failed. Unusable secret
Key."

When I look in the lLnux app called Seahorse I do see the key.  When I look within
the Trust tab I see that the Trust box is selected but when I try to sign it this
fails, saying "no usable keys"

I'm confused on my next trouble-shooting steps.  Any advice is appreciated.

TIA,

rsv869