How to NOT gnutar files during encryption?

helices gpg at mdsresource.net
Wed Jul 19 15:17:26 CEST 2017

How to NOT gnutar files during encryption?

Thank you for your responses; but, you are all missing my point - and not
answering my question.

First, before encryption by Kleopatra, the file IS one (1) real ZIP file
(e.g., filename.zip)

After encryption and upload to us, the file is now an encrypted TAR file,
with the ZIP file inside (e.g., filename.zip.gpg)

Notice that there is NO indication of TAR anywhere in the filename.

Yes, I can rewrite our production processes to look for files of type TAR,
and automate that. We receive ~1000 encrypted files per day, and we have
never needed this before.

However, if they can turn OFF that TAR subprocess - which you state ought
only to happen when requested to encrypt multiple files - then, this
client's files will automatically process just like the thousands of other
clients' files we process without incident every single day.

So, to repeat myself:

    How to NOT gnutar files during encryption?

Please, advise. Thank you.

~ Mike