How to NOT gnutar files during encryption?

helices gpg at mdsresource.net
Wed Jul 19 16:30:55 CEST 2017

OK, for the record, I think that I've found the solution.

I looked in Kleopatra Settings and found nothing.

Then, I imported a proper key and began signing and encrypting a file:
Archive.zip

In Kleopatra's Sign/Encrypt Files dialog, there is a checkbox: Archive
files with: TAR (PGP-compatible), which is checked by default.

Unchecking that box and encrypting, this file decrypted and unzipped
without incident: Archive.zip.gpg

I'm waiting for our client to upload a file encrypted this way.

HOWEVER, they right click the ZIP file and select "sign and encrypt" to
process files. Will the UNchecked checkbox for "Archive files with: TAR
(PGP-compatible)" be default now?

~ Mike