(pre)cache password rather than use allow-loopback-pinentry

Dirk-Willem van Gulik dirkx at webweaving.org
Sat Jul 29 20:24:07 CEST 2017

On 21 Jul 2017, at 18:34, Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jul 2017 11:37, dirkx at webweaving.org said:
>
>> And I really would not mind to be able to refer to subkeys by number -and- fpr; as the fpr of a subkey is a but cumbersome to extract afaik (double —fingerprint).
>
> Using the number with the quick commands is not a good idea because
> another process might have changed the keys in the meantime.  For
> --edit-key this is not a problem because you work on a copy and last
> save wins.  So I went with subkey fingerprints:
>
>  --quick-set-expire fpr expire [*|subfprs]

Works absolutly spendlidly (tested in 2.1.22 on openbsd). And has made things much more robust with smart-card subkeys.

Thanks !

> Since some 2.1 version the fingerprints of the subkeys are always
> included when you do
>
>  gpg --list-keys --with-colons

Lovely. Is there any way one can suppress the fingerprint of the primary key (as when doing line oriented things; bith the ’sec’ and ’ssb’ line are followed by structurally identical ‘fpr’ lines)?

Dw