Managing the WoT with GPG

Neal H. Walfield neal at walfield.org
Thu Jun 22 16:15:46 CEST 2017

Hi,

I didn't say that it is not possible to have a better algorithm.  It
is possible.  But, it is not as easy as you suggest (and what you
suggest doesn't sound trivial).

For instance, adding or updating a key doesn't necessarily result in
equal or more trust.  An update could cause a key to be revoked.  In
that case, if 0xdeadbeef is marginally trusted, we now need to
identify keys that were considered valid because of 0xdeadbeef, but no
longer are.

:) Neal