Managing the WoT with GPG

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Jun 23 15:35:05 CEST 2017

also sprach Werner Koch <wk at gnupg.org> [2017-06-22 19:02 +0200]:
> For a key listing this means computing it for every listed key.  And the
> majority of frontends first do a key listing and show the validity of
> the keys before you can encrypt something.

Obviously, one could work with caching here…

Running --check-trustdb in the background once a day is doable, for
sure.

I guess what I'd really like is a way to run --update-trustdb just
for a specific key, and a way to do that automatically when using
a key, e.g. to verify or encrypt to…

--
@martinkrafft | http://madduck.net/ | http://two.sentenc.es/

"president thieu says he'll quit if he doesn't get more than 50% of
 the vote. in a democracy, that's not called quitting."
                                                -- the washington post

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net