Managing the WoT with GPG

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Thu Jun 22 19:02:11 CEST 2017

On Thu, 22 Jun 2017 16:29, madduck at madduck.net said:

> updating the trustdb on update of key material, wouldn't it make
> much more sense to compute the information just-in-time? Provided

For a key listing this means computing it for every listed key.  And the
majority of frontends first do a key listing and show the validity of
the keys before you can encrypt something.

BTW, the algorithm posted here looked much like classic PGP without all
the extra steps necessary for the PGP 6 variant of the WoT we implement.
(I have not fully followed the thread, though.)

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner