scdaemon coredumps

NIIBE Yutaka gniibe at fsij.org
Wed May 31 03:12:35 CEST 2017

Hello,

Thank you for your report.

"Yuriy M. Kaminskiy" <yumkam at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I tried to rebuild gnupg2 2.1.21-2 debian package from
> experimental in pbuilder, I got a number of sigsegv's from scdaemon
> while running tests:
[...]
> Annoyingly, test-suite does not catch this as error, it has not left any
> core, and name of executable was masked, so after twiddling here and
> there, I got core and discovered that scdaemon dies when it tries to use
> libusb after libusb intiialization failed:

There are two things here.  The selection of default key by gpg frontend
was not good.  It was fixed in:

    fbb2259d22e6c6eadc2af722bdc52922da348677
    g10: Fix default-key selection for signing, possibly by card.

And by your report, scdaemon core dump is fixed in:

   5c33649782bf255af5a55f16eac5e85f059b00bf
   scd: Handle a failure of libusb_init.

   8defb21d34410d000c8b776e0e3a1edd04762638
   scd: Fix error code on failure at usb_init.

> With patch below, it just freezes at
> PASS: tests/openpgp/decrypt-unwrap-verify.scm
> Checking signing with the default hash algorithm
>       > plain-1 plain-2 <<< [here]
> Have no idea why.

I don't know what's going here.  Let's see...