scdaemon coredumps

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed May 31 03:33:48 CEST 2017

On Wed 2017-05-31 03:32:28 +0300, Yuriy M. Kaminskiy wrote:
> On 31.05.2017 01:48, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
>
>> On Tue 2017-05-30 15:09:18 +0300, Yuriy M. Kaminskiy wrote:
>>> When I tried to rebuild gnupg2 2.1.21-2 debian package from
>>> experimental in pbuilder, I got a number of sigsegv's from scdaemon
>>> while running tests:
>>   [...]
>>> (this is on debian jessie, i386, libusb-1.0 1.0.19, and various related
>>> libraries from backports [Build-Depends])
>>
>> So we're not seeing that crash on the experimental build daemons in
>> debian.
>
> Are you *sure*? Testsuite successfully finishes, as if nothing wrong
> (and that's probably can be called a bug too); it is only visible by
> noise from kernel in system logs.

I'm not entirely sure about the build daemons, but when i build it on
amd64, i definitely get no segmentation faults.  I suppose i can try
firing up an i386 builder and see if i can replicate the problem from
unstable directly.  have you tried to build the experimental package
against unstable yourself, or only on jessie?

> P.S. more from debian backports dept: I also noticed that
> npth_1.3-1~bpo8+1 is FTBFS on buildd's:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=npth&suite=jessie-backports
> It seems buildd's for some reason prefers automake1.11 over automake
> (1.14) on jessie. Probably, explicit
> Build-Depends: automake (>= 1.14)
> would help.

ugh, right, that seems like something worth noting to Eric Dorland
(cc'ed), who is maintaining both automake and npth for debian, iirc.

   --dkg