Getting more verbose details of a key

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Nov 21 14:01:51 CET 2017

On 20/11/17 08:56, Werner Koch wrote:
> (Suggestions for the name of a shortcut command are welcome)
How about just --show? It was suggested in an unfriendly manner at
LWN[1], but apart from the unfriendliness, I do think it makes sense.

It does imply that it works for more than just keys, though. I wonder if
that is a bad thing. Wouldn't a command that just shows the contents of
a file without processing it make sense? It could show all that
--import-options show-only shows for keys, or show recipients for
encrypted files, signers for signed files (no verification), etcetera. A
less techy version of --list-only --list-packets.

Peter.

[1] <https://lwn.net/Articles/736139/>