Getting more verbose details of a key

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Nov 22 10:11:19 CET 2017

On Tue, 21 Nov 2017 14:01, peter at digitalbrains.com said:

> How about just --show? It was suggested in an unfriendly manner at

Similar to Wouter's suggestions --show is not specific enough and does
not explain that this is to show the keys and not messages.

> a file without processing it make sense? It could show all that
> --import-options show-only shows for keys, or show recipients for

Unless we want to continue the current and mostly debugish output of
whatever gpg shows without commands, this requires that the type of the
input is first detected.  In GPGME we have code to do this which could
be lifted for use in gpg.  With that --show would make sense.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner