gpg-agent 2.1 persistent socket between sessions

Laurent Lavaud laurent.lavaud at ladtech.fr
Wed Oct 25 11:27:43 CEST 2017

Hello,

I would like to know what is the correct way to get a gpg-agent 2.1 persistent socket between session ?

I have some cronjob that must use a key stored in the agent.

Actually the first time a gpg-agent is launch, it create a socket in /run/user/PID/gnupg/ but when i logout this folder is cleaned by systemd and then if i come back i can't reconnect to the running gpg-agent because the socket has disapear...

This problem appears since i uprade to Ubuntu 17.10, it seems before systemd don't clean the /run/user/PID folder so the socket persist between session.
I don't think it is an Ubuntu bug, it seems to be a normal behavior that systemd clean this folder so how i could get a persistent socket for my gpg-agent ?

thanks in advance for your help.