gpg-agent 2.1 persistent socket between sessions

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Oct 25 16:54:57 CEST 2017

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 11:27, laurent.lavaud at ladtech.fr said:

> Actually the first time a gpg-agent is launch, it create a socket in /run/user/PID/gnupg/ but when i logout this folder is cleaned by systemd and then if i come back i can't reconnect to the running gpg-agent because the socket has disapear...

It is a feature and not a bug.  I would suggest to

  apt-get install sysvinit-core

SCNR,

 Werner

p.s.
The gnupg tarballs has a file
  gnupg/doc/examples/systemd-user/gpg-agent.socket
which is an example on how to specify the location of the socket.  The
problem might be that systemd likes to stop all services at user logout.