Bitcoin private key from GnuPG secp256k1 secret key?

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Sat Sep 2 17:30:52 CEST 2017

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 07:00:04 +0900, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:

> If someone will make transaction to that address for some amount, I
> would resume the development again. :-)

As a little proof of concept i converted my sub signing key to
a private Bitcoin WIF key and send you some Satoshi. :-)

Here you can see that i did it:

https://blockchain.info/address/12rY4qgjXbL3h8gCSaJUJMJ9g9TaPtypC4

People who want to check if it was really me, who did the transaction,
can do the following:

Step 1 : Download my public key from key servers.

Step 2 : Do a gpg -k --with-colons --with-key-data  "Stefan Claas"

Step 3 : When GnuPG list my pub key data look for: sub:u:256:19:
            and copy the data string after pkd:1:515:

Step 4:  Visit http://gobittest.appspot.com/Address
            and paste in step1 the copied data from my pub key and
            press send. In field 9 you can see the Bitcoin address of my
            sub signing key.

People can omit steps 2 - 3 and use Niibe's script. I however was
not able to use the script, because it gave me no output... :-(

The Bitcoin address of my public sub signing key matches the
address as show in the transaction. :-)

Best regards
Stefan

--