gpg 2.1.19 fails to generate key pair

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Fri Sep 22 20:19:14 CEST 2017

On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:24, guru at unixarea.de said:

> I instructed via gpg-agent.conf the gpg-agent to do a debug log which
> follows. The proc gpg-agent crashes with SIG_BUS.

That is why you see and EOF error from gpg.

We did a few more release after 2.1.19, which was released on March 1.
Not all fixed bugs are noted in the NEWS and it is also possible that
the SIGBUS comes from Libgcrypt.  (run gpg-agent --version to see the
version of Libgcrypt).

Please first try to build with a recent version (2.2.1 is current but
2.1.23 should be okay) and the latest version of the respective
Libgcrypt branch.  That would be easier for us than to try to figure out
a bug we might have already fixed.

What OS and which platform are you using?  I assume it is a BSD (or
Plan-9 ;-).

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner