gpg 2.1.19 fails to generate key pair

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Sep 22 20:48:43 CEST 2017

El día viernes, septiembre 22, 2017 a las 08:19:14p. m. +0200, Werner Koch escribió:

> On Fri, 22 Sep 2017 17:24, guru at unixarea.de said:
>
> > I instructed via gpg-agent.conf the gpg-agent to do a debug log which
> > follows. The proc gpg-agent crashes with SIG_BUS.
>
> That is why you see and EOF error from gpg.

I can imagine. That's why I attached the log of the gpg-agent.

> We did a few more release after 2.1.19, which was released on March 1.
> Not all fixed bugs are noted in the NEWS and it is also possible that
> the SIGBUS comes from Libgcrypt.  (run gpg-agent --version to see the
> version of Libgcrypt).
>
> Please first try to build with a recent version (2.2.1 is current but
> 2.1.23 should be okay) and the latest version of the respective
> Libgcrypt branch.  That would be easier for us than to try to figure out
> a bug we might have already fixed.

Ok. I will update to the most recent version. Btw: libcrypt is 1.7.0.

> What OS and which platform are you using?  I assume it is a BSD (or
> Plan-9 ;-).

No, wrong guess in this case. It is:

phablet at ubuntu-phablet-bq:~$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu-phablet 3.4.67 #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jun 6 12:04:40 UTC 2016 b75400e armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux

an Ubuntu based smartphone.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045