gpgme_op_verify regression with gnupg 2.2.6?

Thomas Jarosch thomas.jarosch at intra2net.com
Wed Apr 11 10:03:42 CEST 2018

Hello together,

after updating from gnupg 2.2.5 to 2.2.6, I'm facing a possible regression.

We use the gpgme 1.8.0 library to verify the integrity of our update packages.
Two valid signatures need to be present on the checked file.

One unit test checks a file that is signed by two
known keys + unknown (future) key.

Error output from gpgme_op_verify():

gpgme_op_verify error: General error

Code that produced this:

    gpg_err = gpgme_op_verify (gpg_context.get(), gpg_data.get(), NULL, NULL);
    if(gpg_err != GPG_ERR_NO_ERROR)
        throw runtime_error("gpgme_op_verify error: " + string(gpgme_strerror(gpg_err)));

Having a file signed with xx known keys and y unknown
keys worked fine in gnupg 2.1.17 and 2.2.5.

Another unit test that just checks a file signed with one unknown key
fails in the same manner.

I'll try to upgrade to gpgme 1.10.0 and see if that helps with gnupg 2.2.6.

Anyway: Thanks for the new gnupg 2.2.6 release!

Cheers,
Thomas