Errors while creating an g13 encrypted container.

Dirk Gottschalk dirk.gottschalk1980 at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:49:17 CEST 2018

Hi.

Am Donnerstag, den 12.04.2018, 21:08 +0200 schrieb Werner Koch:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2018 17:16, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:

> > g13: running '/usr/bin/encfs' in the background

> IIRC, the author of encfs said that it should not anymore be used.
> Given that, I have not tested encfs based container in a long
> time.  I
> use dm-crypt containers instead.

Oh, good to know.

So I tested it with dm-crypt and got another error:

---
$ g13 -r 764C2156D8AC31D0 --type dm-crypt --create container.g13
g13: can't connect to 'g13-syshelp': IPC "connect" Aufruf
fehlgeschlagen G13
g13: (is userv and its gnupg-g13-syshelp script installed?)
g13: error creating a new container: IPC "connect" Aufruf
fehlgeschlagen <G13>
---

GnuPG 2 is installed with all dependencies. Installed versions:

---
# dnf list "gnupg2*"
Installierte Pakete
gnupg2.x86_64  2.2.5-1.fc27
gnupg2-smime.x86_64 2.2.5-1.fc27
---

There is neither a command or package named userv, nor a script called
'gnupg-g13-syshelp' in the repositories. The binary g13-syshelp is
available.

Has anybody some suggestions? or should I file a bug report against the
RPM package?

Thanks.

Regards,
Dirk