pinentry problems

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Wed Apr 18 22:09:50 CEST 2018

On Tue 2018-04-17 23:05:44 +0200, Paul H. Hentze wrote:
> I did. This works fine as I asses that.

I'm glad it's working now.

> Now I'm still stuck with the pinentry problem.

can you explain the pinentry problem you're seeing?  I'm afraid the bad
ownership of your files was distracting from any other problems you were
reporting.

One simple way to test pinentry (without gpg or gpg-agent in the mix)
is:

     echo getpin | pinentry

that should show you a dialog box that prompts you for a password.  you
can put in whatever you like, and it should be emitted on the console
where you ran the above command.

      --dkg