Setup encrypted email

Arthur Ulfeldt arthur at ulfeldt.com
Wed Dec 12 21:01:39 CET 2018

Yes! All the encryption happens on your computer (and or your phone) and
you have complete control of the process.
The flip side of this is you are responsible for the whole process. There
are *many* ways to go about this for different
people in different situations. Here is just one option.

* make yourself a key using gpg
* put that key on the devices you want to use (I use a yubikey for this,
and that costs $ which is totally optional)
* setup your email, gpg4win is one popular option:
https://www.gpg4win.org/about.html
* set it up on your phone. openkeychain is popular on android and has been
solid for me for years.
* setup facebook to send you encrypted notifications (optional and purely
for fun)
* get comfortable with this process for a while then explore more complex
and or customized options.