Removing expired keys

Dirk Gottschalk dirk.gottschalk1980 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:48:23 CET 2018

Hello.

Am Samstag, den 24.02.2018, 07:20 -0500 schrieb Jerry:
> Kleopatra Version 3.0.2-gpg4win-3.0.3
>
> Running the command from Kleopatra <Tools> <Refresh OpenPGP
> Certificates> on a
> Windows 10 PRO amd64 machine, displays numerous expired certificates.
> The
> complete output is available here: https://seibercom.net/GPG-Expired-
> Keys.txt
>
> Is there any command that I can run from either Kleopatra or the
> Windows'
> command line that will remove all of these expired certificates? I
> would
> really love to clean up system and removed expired or revoked
> certificates.

I run under Linux and have a shell script for this. AFAIK there is no
way to do this automatically from gpg itself.

> Also, how do I deal with "signatures not checked due to missing keys"
> warnings?

You could turn on automatic key retieval in gog.conf. add the following
to the keyserver-options parameter:

auto-key-retrieve

This will automatically download missing keys when you try to verify a
signature.

Regards,
Dirk

--