is there a preferred order to building dependencies for gnupg2

Damien Goutte-Gattat dgouttegattat at incenp.org
Wed Jan 10 12:39:54 CET 2018

On 01/10/2018 09:25 AM, Henry wrote:
> There are five libraries required to build gnupg2: libgpg-error,
> libgcrypt, libassuan, libksba and npth.
>
> Is there a preferred order in which they should be built?

Libgpg-error should be built first as it is required by all other
libraries except npth.

Apart from that, there is no dependencies between the other libraries
and they can be built in any order.

For example, when I compile GnuPG for Slackware, I do this (on a fresh
VM with a "vanilla" Slackware):

1) Build libgpg-error and npth (in any order).
2) Install libgpg-error.
3) Build libgcrypt, libassuan, and libksba (in any order).
4) Install npth, libgcrypt, libassuan, and libksba.
5) Build gnupg.

(This should be suitable for any GNU/Linux system beyond Slackware.
However, I don't know about building GnuPG on/for other systems.)

Damien