is there a preferred order to building dependencies for gnupg2

Phil Pennock gnupg-users at spodhuis.org
Thu Jan 11 01:40:48 CET 2018

On 2018-01-10 at 11:39 +0000, Damien Goutte-Gattat wrote:
> On 01/10/2018 09:25 AM, Henry wrote:
> > There are five libraries required to build gnupg2: libgpg-error,
> > libgcrypt, libassuan, libksba and npth.
> >
> > Is there a preferred order in which they should be built?
>
> Libgpg-error should be built first as it is required by all other libraries
> except npth.
>
> Apart from that, there is no dependencies between the other libraries and
> they can be built in any order.

For myself: I keep a file with "A before B" rules, one per line, and the
start of my build uses tsort(1) to get a final ordering.

My GnuPG package sets includes gnutls, and thus nettle, which adds a
little complexity.

% tsort < confs/dependencies.tsort-in | xargs
libgpg-error npth gmp libassuan libksba libgcrypt nettle pinentry gnutls gnupg22

-------------------8< confs/dependencies.tsort-in >8--------------------
gnupg22       gnupg22
gmp           nettle
nettle        gnutls