Remove public key from keyserver

Stefan Claas stefan.claas at posteo.de
Mon Jan 15 20:21:23 CET 2018

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 19:47:39 +0100, Peter Lebbing wrote:
> On 15/01/18 17:39, Stefan Claas wrote:
> > Maybe we need (a court) case were a PGP user requests the removal
> > of his / her keys until the operators and code maintainers wake
> > up?
>
> Wow, you're entertaining an interesting notion of what is "needed"!
>
> Let's hope most people will just let keyserver operators alone while
> they offer their kind service for free to the world.
>
> What is "needed" if you must, is someone thinking of a way to
> incorporate cryptographic validation into the whole gossip and what
> not process. Not turning loose the lawyers on people offering a free
> service. I can't believe what I'm hearing here. Just, wow.

How long do we have now those old fashioned key servers, and was
there ever been made attempts by the software maintainers to
modernize the code, like you are saying incorporating crypto
validation?

O.k. Werner invented WKD which solves those problems, if i'm not
mistaken, but is it besides keybase.io widely deployed?

The old pgp.com key server solved those problems also nicely, if i
remember correctly.

Regards
Stefan

--