Remove public key from keyserver (was: Hide UID From Public Key Server By Poison Your Key?)

Matthias Mansfeld m.mansfeld at mansfeld-elektronik.de
Mon Jan 15 20:27:14 CET 2018

On 15 Jan 2018 at 18:53, Andrew Gallagher wrote:

> > On 15 Jan 2018, at 16:39, Stefan Claas <stefan.claas at posteo.de>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Maybe we need (a court) case were a PGP user requests the removal of
> > his / her keys until the operators and code maintainers wake up?
>
> You also need to prove that removal is technically possible. Otherwise
> all that such a court case will achieve is to shut down the
> keyservers.

OK, THIS should be basically possible to implement, in the same way
like a new or updated key propagates itself. Not now but would be a
good idea. And with no warranty however that this key  is not
anywhere else backbackbackupped and eventually loaded up again....

Exists any flag for pubkeys "please do never ever store this key on a
keyserver", if not, would be a good idea, too. There are many reasons
NOT to want a key on the keyservers.

Regards
Matthias
--
Fingerprint: 6563 057D E6B8 9105 1CE4 18D0 4056 1F54 8B59 40EF