"right to be forgotten" nonsense

Phil Susi psusi at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 16 15:16:03 CET 2018

On 1/15/2018 10:24 PM, listo factor via Gnupg-users wrote:
> If there is merit to the principle that an Internet server operator
> can not keep publicly serving private data over the objections of
> the owner (the same as today, after many battles, he can no longer

There isn't merit.  It became public, not private, the moment you
published it.  I have the right to free speech, the EU be damned.  Are
these numbnuts going to demand that libraries black out newspaper
articles on microfilm because they mention someone that doesn't like the
coverage of themselves?  Sure, I molested children 5 years ago, but I
have the "right to be forgotten" so when anyone searches for my name on
the Internet they won't find out.  Give me a break.