DRM?

Peter Lebbing peter at digitalbrains.com
Tue Jan 16 18:05:54 CET 2018

On 16/01/18 17:47, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
> I'm somewhat interested in hearing how this scheme would work in the
> case of a compromised private key. Mainly;

I was merely using the description of the basics of it as a means to
show how it would be access control rather than DRM. All the thorny
extra issues I never even seriously considered is part of why I also
said "I'm not saying this is the way to go."

> (iii) iff (ii)(a) and (ii)(b) differ; how would you handle a sync
> conflict of said data?

Sounds really, really difficult to solve. Perhaps impossible? Since I'm
not advocating implementing this in the first case, I'm not spending
many computation cycles on the issue either :-). It might be there is an
imperfect but acceptable solution, though. The problem with that is
again litigation: "What do you mean, you can't remove me? You have a
removal feature! See you in court!"

Cheers,

Peter.