Key Length Issue on Mac OS X

Robert J. Hansen rjh at sixdemonbag.org
Tue Jan 30 06:36:09 CET 2018

> I am facing key length issues when generating new keys with GPGTools.

I don't see any issue there.  Two certificates may be of vastly
different lengths for many different reasons.  So far there's no reason
to believe they contain different lengths of asymmetric keys.

A 4096-bit key takes up about 12 lines of text in a certificate.  The
rest is other, non-key-related stuff.

Instead of posting a link to an image of two certificates, please share
the two certificates themselves -- for instance, via Dropbox or
Pastebin.  Once we can see the actual certificates we'll be able to more
fully explain what's going on.