gpg2 --refresh-keys does not talk to dirmngr?

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Mon Jul 2 08:40:34 CEST 2018

On Fri, 29 Jun 2018 16:12, gnupg-users at gnupg.org said:
> I have set up a local proxy server with a squid/privoxy/TOR chain and
> set it up in dirmngr.conf. Now, after deleting the keyserver line from
> gpg.conf, I found out that gpg2 seems not to talk to dirmngr when using
> gpg2 --refresh keys.

Note that dirmngr has its own Tor support bypassing your proxies.

> Is there something I have to set up in one of the configs, especially
> gpg.conf and gpg-agent.conf?

No.  It works for me.  You can check this by adding the option

  --debug ipc

to the gpg invocation.  If you don't have a log-file option in your
gpg.conf the output will go to stderr.

Salam-Shalom,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #