Invitation to the 4th OpenPGP Email Summit

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at enigmail.net
Wed Jun 6 09:01:47 CEST 2018

I'm happy to announce the 4th OpenPGP Email Summit which will take place

  Saturday, October 20 until Sunday, October 21, 2018
  in Brussles (Belgium).

This is an event open for anybody involved in the development of email
clients using OpenPGP for encryption, and related software.

In 2015 and 2016 we already had tree OpenPGP Email Summits. These are
meetings by technical experts of projects and tools dealing with OpenPGP
with a focus on email encryption. The goals are to better get to know
each other, and to discuss and work on several technical issues that
hopefully improve certain aspects of OpenPGP-based email encryption.
For details, see
  https://wiki.gnupg.org/OpenPGPEmailSummits

REGISTRATION
============
If you want to attend, please *send an informal email* to:
 patrick at enigmail.net

I will then let you know more details about the location, hotel, etc.

If you need funding for your travel/hotel expenses, then please also get
in contact with me.

NOTES
=====
This is a meeting of those who develop software. Thus, we will have a
lot of tech talk about key servers, key exchange, subject encryption,
password recovery, etc. If you just are interested in these topics as a
user, you probably will be bored to death ;-).

Thus, feel free to join us if you are working in the area of
- TECHNICAL DETAILS
- for SENDING or PROCESSING ENCRYPTED EMAILS
- with OpenPGP
- in a project or product.

Note however, that due to capacity reasons we cannot have more
than 1-2 people from each project. We can host about 30 attendees.

Note that this is still neither a well-organized conference nor a
commercial meeting. The agenda will be driven by the attendees. Anyone
may propose any topic for discussion, as long as he/she is ready to lead
the discussion.

More details are/will be available on the web site:
https://wiki.gnupg.org/OpenPGPEmailSummit201810

Looking forward to meet you in Brussels
-Patrick

--
Patrick Brunschwig
mailto:patrick at enigmail.net
PGP fingerprint: 4F9F 89F5 505A C1D1 A260 631C DB11 87B9 DD5F 693B