Pinentry: Permission Denied

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Wed Jun 13 16:17:13 CEST 2018

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018 19:03, tookmund at gmail.com said:

> That seems to be it. I was overriding getty and launching my own service
> as a non-root user and tty1 was still owned by root

If you run gpg with -v with the next released pinentry you will see a
line like this (wrapped)

gpg: pinentry launched (17122 gtk2 1.1.1-beta7 \
   /dev/pts/6 xterm localhost:11.0 20620/1000/5 1000/1000)
   device                          mode/uid/gid euid/egid
                                   of device    of caller

Maybe this helps in the future to track down such problems easier (mode
and euid etc are new).

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner

--
#  Please read:  Daniel Ellsberg - The Doomsday Machine  #