[gpgme] generate a wheel of the python bindings

Matt mattator at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 18:50:52 CET 2018

Hi,

I've been trying to package gpgme python bindings for nixos
(www.nixos.org) since it's a dependency of the mail reader I use
(alot) but I haven't succeeded yet.

I manage to compile the python 2.7 bindings and to build a "wheel" (as
required by nixos, a wheel is a zip file replacing the older "egg'
binaries) but for some reason my wheel is empty ;/ (it has egg-info
but not the gpg package).

The -meager- result of my efforts is visible here
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/30429#issuecomment-370126211 and

Also I believe that if one wants to be able to run "setup.py install",
he will need a patch similar to:
https://github.com/teto/gpgme/compare/7da01c7352d41eb33e445968b248544d301588f9...nix

I've tried asking on #python but couldn't find a solution. I really
some skilled user can help solve that as I miss my mailreader :)

Cheers