Quick commands documentation

Andrew Gallagher andrewg at andrewg.com
Thu May 3 11:03:29 CEST 2018

On 2018/05/03 09:14, Werner Koch wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:05, andrewg at andrewg.com said:
>
>> There's a suspiciously empty documentation page on the main site:
>
> I agree that it is pretty terse but it refers to another section with
> the actual description of the commands.

Aha, I was misreading that reference as one to "Programmatic use of GnuPG".

Perhaps it would be clearer if that section was refactored a little, from:

```
Recent versions of GnuPG have an interface to manipulate keys without
using the interactive command --edit-key. This interface was added
mainly for the benefit of GPGME (please consider using GPGME, see the
manual subsection “Programmatic use of GnuPG”). This interface is
described in the subsection “How to manage your keys”.
```

to:

```
Recent versions of GnuPG have an interface to manipulate keys without
using the interactive command --edit-key. The non-interactive --quick-*
commands are described in the subsection “How to manage your keys”.

The non-interactive interface was added mainly for the benefit of GPGME,
which is described in the manual subsection “Programmatic use of GnuPG”.
```