A postmortem on Efail

Mark Rousell markr at signal100.com
Mon May 21 05:07:46 CEST 2018

On 20/05/2018 21:32, Damien Goutte-Gattat via Gnupg-users wrote:
> On 05/20/2018 08:45 PM, Mark Rousell wrote:
>> I think it is important that they can still do this with a maintained
>> (2.x.y) code base.
>
> Support for PGP 2 has already been dropped from the current stable
> branch, I don't think it will ever be brought back. But the 1.4.x
> branch *is* maintained, even if only for critical bugfixes.

I think you mean that support for 2.0.y has been dropped, surely? When I
wrote "2.x.y" above I meant that users should be able to continue
decrypting legacy-encrypted data (albeit with a change of
commands/options compared to the present) with whatever the
currently-supported version of 2.something is at any point in the future.

--
Mark Rousell

PGP public key: http://www.signal100.com/markr/pgp
Key ID: C9C5C162